Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Five for Friday....April 11



I linked up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for this weeks Five for Friday!!!

 {ONE}



 
Yes!!!  It is/was my spring break this week and it was SO nice!!!  Even though I didn't go anywhere tropical... :(  I did get to see one of my best friends in Lexington.  We started off our day going to Keeneland which is a very popular horse racing venue.  It is so much fun to dress up, wear fancy hats, and be outside to watch horses race!! You can probably tell that I am from Kentucky!  So after Keeneland we went somewhere to watch the final four games and watch my CATS from UK advance to the championship game...which was crazy 1. because people in Lexington go crazy during those games and 2. I didn't honestly expect them to go that far so I was so proud!!  What a great way to kick off my spring break!!   

And of course I am spending lots of time with my favorite girl in the whole wide world....my dog Lexi!  We've definitely been enjoying the weather! 



{TWO}
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Party-In-Primary
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Party-In-Primary

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Party-In-Primary

Nearing the end of the year I felt like I needed a final assessment "check" so I created something new!

I'm so excited to finish this new product!!!   It is a common core aligned assessment pack that includes 2 assessments for each standard for the first grade Measurement and Data (MD) and Geometry (G), tracking sheets to check mastery, and self assessments!!! It is on SALE for the first 24 hours as HALF OFF!!!!!!  It goes back to regular price at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday.  Click HERE to get it!

I am in the process of making the other categories, Number Operations in Base Ten (NBT) and Operations and Algebraic Thinking (OA) so make sure you check back and grab those!


{THREE}


I had to share this one because I am just so proud!!!  I have been having trouble motivating a student in writing and we recently starting working on our writing that will be published into our very own book.  Look how engaged!!  They are all writing their opinions on their favorite book!  I can't wait to submit it and get the book back for our class library.  To learn how to do this absolutely FREE click here


{FOUR}




 I came into school over spring break and organized SO much and I feel so good about what I got accomplished!  One of my favorite things that I did was find a place for my vocabulary words for the week.  Every week we introduce and use different vocabulary words and I never had a good spot to put the vocab cards but a couple of Command hooks and ribbon later... TA DA!  I love it.  


{FIVE}

 

This week my husband and I planned a trip to Chicago to see the Cincinnati Reds and the Chicago Cubs game!  I am so excited to visit Chicago for the first time and go shopping, eat some pizza, and of course experience Wrigley Field...in hopes Cubs fans are nice to us!!  haha 

Thanks to Doodle Bugs Teaching for this amazing linky!!  Have a great weekend!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment